i love walking into a new place and being creative on the fly and in a moment. it gives me a rush and i get so excited! i love to make something out of nothing. sometimes i get to do that on my shoots – even though i have a studio, i prefer to shoot on-location and i structure my business and studio that way by design. it is intentional and that keeps things fresh (for me) and constantly changing. i need that to be creative and to deliver my best work. i am a person that likes change:) so driving out to the ranch for mr. h’s first party, i kind of knew the direction i wanted to go, but i loved where i ended up after digging through the barns:) i found all these old doors, which led to the backdrop for my dessert table. the painting i made for h the night before so cozily rested in a cutout of one of the doors – i mean, how lucky was that?! and my favorite little detail that just came together was the rustic old iron patio table with peeling white paint that was the perfect stand to highlight my cake and cupcakes!
we used fresh flowers from out on the farm as well as some simple garden flowers from the local nursery for centerpieces tucked in various crates and boxes (my trusty stash of photo props).
uncle jason came through as always with a bounce house for the big day. h loved it and i will say it is the best for containing a super active, almost walking 1-year old.
and my two favorite pics of our little sunshine in action who slowed down long enough to snuggle with us just like he did when he was a little tiny baby. so very proud of my hubby for taking this photos of me and h, which i will always treasure, treasure, treasure:) and the other moment with him and daddy just truly makes my heart melt – i literally cried when it popped up on my screen.
and proud sissy and bubby pictured below who opened the party with their rendition of “you are my sunshine”…..
and because any party out at the ranch is not complete without some adult beverages:) we found the perfect beer for our sunshine event!
- all pinwheels – hobby lobby
- printables – free download here – really didn’t do more than framing a couple of these because of the wind. learned that last party. but made my pinwheel ribbon sticks soooo pretty!!!
- cupcakes – inspired from pinterest and made with love by me and my mom
- cake – nothing bundt cakes
- party favors - target bin $1 sunglasses…and since party was the day before memorial day, we went with a memorial day theme you can view here.
- hayden’s tshirt – tee with sugar, new store brought to you by ella bella. you can go in there and they will make any type of tshirt you can dream up and it only takes a couple of days. i had so much fun and loooove how it turned out!