it has taken all that i have to not talk about this on the blog before now! i love, love, love surprises and wanted to surprise all of you:) i have had this vision brewing and what a labor of love this entire project has been – from my kids helping with paint and adding their authentic kids font to the “lemonade” sign, to my husband letting me take over his garage and a sunday to bring this to life, to my amazing father-in-law, pop, who custom built this for me and should really get all the credit, plus my own blood, sweat and tears to top it all off:) i hope you enjoy each and every detail…plus more below, including the creative inspiration behind the event AND a promotional event video HERE. Pretty, pretty please take some time to let us know what you think, but most importantly to leave some love so that all my helpers can see how much you all like or appreciate it (and hopefully as much as i do!)
before i start blabbing, here are all the details i know you all really care about – the sweet and sour details!!
- all sessions to be held on sunday april 15th
- spots are limited but will be held in the early evening time frame
- cost is $135 plus tax and sessions will be 15 minutes long
- this session is ideal for 1 or 2 children. no families please. if you have 3+ children, it would be best to consider booking 2 sessions.
- there is no limit on the number of proofs you will be shown – i shoot fast and you will have a ton of images from your mini session, i promise!
- you must schedule an in-person ordering session to view your images. no exceptions.
- to sign up for the event, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
this idea of a lemonade stand came from a wish i have for my children. i want to step away from all the fancy electronic toys and instead, foster an environment of good old fashioned creativity and making things by hand. i want my kids to be able to make something out of nothing – to see an old cardboard box as more than just a box, to see paint and markers as power to create anything they want and to realize that they can go anywhere they want to go in a boxcar and a sheet tent. i want them to imagine and discover and dream. I want to let their minds run wild and I want them to know that as parents, we will help them bring those to life and help them be anything they want to be…now and in the future. This lemonade stand is so much more than a lemonade stand. it is a ticket counter, a farmer’s market and a puppet show theater. it is going to be a forum for bringing my kids dreams to life, for teaching my children about serving others, that hard work pays off, how to count money and save and tithe, carry on a confident conversation with adults about something they love and built and care about and on a small level, about building and running your own business. So if you live in the Grapevine/Southlake area, you will have to be sure and come visit us this spring and summer because we will be serving lemonade out front of our house!
i would love to have you apart of this event and i look forward to a sweet and sour day with your children!!!
- miss m’s dress – ella bella (twirls and twigs dress)
- baby h – gap
- mr. d – ella bella (fore polo) and gap shorts