in case you aren’t connected with mdp on facebook (which why the heck not?! please go like my page here to stay up to speed on the latest happenings…plus, don’t forget super fun giveaway at 1,000 fans!!), melissa darst photography now has a design studio located in southlake!! this has been a dream of mine and i am so excited to be able to open this up and share it with all of you. in this setting i can spend more time with you, be more creative with you and for you, plus you can come in and see all sorts of examples and products and we get to “design” everything from your session location and your wardrobe to your walls, frames, canvas collages, albums, holiday cards… and even all the way into events and party consultation (examples to come soon for those!).
so to celebrate the new design studio, we are hosting an “autumn wine & dine” grand opening event (come and go) on thursday, october 13, 2011 from 5:30-8pm. we invite you to come check out the new space and enjoy some yummy fall foods and drinks. there will be exciting giveaways and raffles for free photo sessions and products, plus an exclusive grand opening photo event (outlined in more detail below). this will also be a joint grand opening with sedo laser, whom we share space with and which is a fabulous company you can learn more about here. misti of sedo laser will also be giving away gift certificates for free laser treatments, photo facials and there will even be a dr. light botox party going on in her space, so i promise you don’t want to miss out on all this fun:)
don’t be shy about coming out! it’s come and go, and we want to meet you and we even want you to bring friends. you will receive extra entries in our drawings when you bring friends! click here for address info and details, as well as to let us know you are coming.
now, onto the exclusive grand opening photo event, which is all about my new chocolate brown settee (which is part of the studio when not in use!). here are details and sample shots of my crew below to get you inspired and excited!
- dates – wednesday october 26 and saturday october 29
- location – grapevine/southlake area (final location to be emailed out to participants – not sure if these yellow flowers will still be alive for the sessions but we can try!)
- cost – $10.13 in honor of the 10/13 grand opening!! this is huge!!! a $125 value and i have never, ever, ever priced something this low.
- 15 minute sessions – i can take tons of photos in this amount of time so i promise you will not be deprived of quantity! you know your child best though – if they are shy or require more time to warm up, this may not be the best fit for you. this can also get tricky with family sessions – larger groups require more time, so please keep that in mind and use your best judgement.
- ordering sessions will be scheduled approx 1-2 weeks after photo events where you will come in to view your photos and place your orders at that time. standard portrait pricing rates will apply at your ordering session. you can have these photos back in time to use for holiday cards or gifts. you must attend an ordering session to view your photos. payment is due in full at the end of your ordering session.
- you can not sign up in advance – you must attend the g.o. and you must pay that night to take part in this event.
- i will be able to extend up to 20 mini sessions, and after that, you can be placed on a waiting list for any cancellations or should i open up another date.