this card has been a long time in the making and i am so glad it finally arrived to friends and family today so that i can post it to the blog:) a big web hug goes out to jill of stamped paper co for yet another fabulous card design!! she is who handles all custom card requests for mdp and she is a creative genius and so very fun to work with. jill is one of those people who “gets” what is in my head and just makes it come to life far better than i could imagine!! so here you have it, the darst family christmas card 2010…
the card style is a sort of “book” with tiered pages. i think my favorite little detail on the front is the rhinestone brads (a jill suggestion!). our theme this year was inspired off of lyrics from “jingle bells” and played off of the “one horse open sleigh” being our vintage convertible. as you flip through the book, you will see other bits of the song that play into our messaging. this theme came to life after the shoot was long over – seems that is the way it always happens for us…and again, my amazing hubby was in the trenches with me concepting and came up with the play on “jingle bells!” all by himself. i was so impressed and just fell in love with it!
here is the envelopes and the thin little labels jill designed. it’s all about the details and i loved this one!
outside cover once again:
first inside spread:
miss m’s spread:
mr. d’s spread:
card back – my favorite image!!
truly, my miss m’s dress was the whole inspiration behind the photo shoot. you gotta start somewhere, right:) found it on sale at ella bella and had to have it. my mind went spinning into this vintage 1940′s world. securing this convertible was a whole other story but what was just part of the fun!!
- my dear photographer friend, the talented stepanie davis, brought this all to life with her amazing photography!
- my new online friend, shannon barker, designed the hair pieces for me under the little miss poppy label – i am dying to meet her one day soon!! stay tuned in 2011 for her collection debuting on littlemisspoppy.com
- miss M’s wardrobe – dress (Ella Bella), shoes (Target) with flower clip accents (Little Miss Poppy), headband (Shannon Barker for Little Miss Poppy) and bracelets (Charming charlie’s)
- mr. D’s wardrobe – vest (Ella Bella), pants, shirt and tie (all from the closet but i think from Carter’s and Children’s Place), shoes (Target)
- My wardrobe – dress and belt (White House Black Market), headband (Shannon Barker for Little Miss Poppy), shoes (Target), jewelry (H&M)
- Hubby’s wardrobe – hat and shirt (Nordstrom Rack), vest (Kohl’s), pants and tie (from the closet) and shoes (Target)
Merry Christmas once again from my family to yours! thank you to all of my friends and family who have supported me throughout the year and many thanks to all my clients, so many who have become my friends, for your support and encouragement. i love what i do and am so grateful to be able to be apart of your lives and share my love of photos with all of you!! i look forward to lots of fun and more memories in 2011:)